Chinese naval escort taskforce saves sick Chinese fisherman









Chinese naval escort taskforce saves sick Chinese fisherman来历:职责修改:Xu Yi2019-03-02 10:180

By Xue Chengqing, Jian Rili, Yin Zhenzhou, and Gu Yagen

Sailors of the 31st Chinese naval escort taskforce board the fishing vessel “Fuyuanyu 853" on Feb. 27, 2019. (Photo by Yin Zhenzhou)

GULF OF ADEN, March 1(ChinaMil)-- The Comprehensive supply ship Luomahu (Hull 964) of the 31st Chinese naval escort taskforce successfully rescued sick fisherman Huang Shunzu of a Fujian-based fishing vessel at 10:20 a.m. on February 27, local time (3:20 p.m. Beijing Time). This was the third time that the ship has helped Chinese citizens in the deep ocean since it assumed escort mission.

Comprehensive supply ship Luomahu, which was providing maritime replenishment for the amphibious dock landing ship Kunlunshan (Hull 998), received the rescue order from the superior at around 3 p.m. on February 25, local time. The Luomahu suspended its replenishing task and headed to the designated area immediately.

The hull number of the fishing vessel was Fuyuanyu 853. It was fishing in the Arabian Sea when crew member Huang Shunzu suffered from abdominal pain, suddenly fell on the floor and started to vomit.

Guo Bizhuan, the captain of the medical team on Luomahu, began to monitor patient's situation through maritime satellite phone. According to the nature of the patient's work, Guo initially judged that the patient might be suffering from bladder stones, but he could not rule out more complex and dangerous symptoms such as acute appendicitis, gastric perforation, or cardiogenic abdominal pain.

At that time, the distance between the fishing vessel and Luomahu was nearly 900 nautical miles, or more than 1,600km.

Luomahu kept communication with the fishing vessel and guided it to sail toward it, adopting a mobility plan to move closer and rendezvous quicker in order to win valuable time for treatment.

After 33 hours of high-speed navigation, two ships met smoothly at 1 a.m. on February 27, local time.

However, it was difficult to see one nautical mile out of the dark sea. The only sound was the rushing waves hitting the ship. Such conditions were beyond the condition for safe operation of the dinghy.